Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Who Am I ?

This was an article I wrote when I was in my 4th yr of high school. 


Who am I?

Today, I’ve been asked “Who am I?” I did find it hard to answer . . . all I can think about  is that “I’m happy, I have friends, I love to eat, I love to watch . . .” My answers are what a common student like me would say. Well, I know what to answer now.

This recollection we attended made us watch presentations about life, poverty, and other religious clips. Because of that, memories flooded my mind as I watch. I remembered my dad asking me when I was still a child, “Don’t you feel lucky?” Of course, as a child, I did not really understand the question. I said before to myself that maybe I’m not lucky because we don’t have a car and our house is not a mansion. Years passed, he still asks me the same question. I will answer with a smile and a big YES because I know what I have and I know what I can do. I’ve been given a lot of opportunities, honor and other things. I also knew that I can succeed in what I do because of the Lord. The problem is . . . my point of view stops there.

After watching the movies, I asked myself a lot. I mean, I know that there are a lot of poor people out there without a home and I feel very fortunate that I am not one of them. But I . . . I never dare asked question myself if I have done anything for the less fortunate. Most of the time, I find them dangerous. Some, I feel pity and some I feel anger for those who do not do anything to improve their lives. The question was thrown back to me, “Have I done anything for them?” It was as if my heart would explode. “No,” was my answer.

Yeah, I’ve been thankful to God for the blessing that He has given me. I enjoy my life quite well. I only saw my purpose as a person who cares for Him, my family, my friends, loved ones and myself. Period. No one else. I never cared for anyone other than that. I find it ordinary like what most people do. That changed. Once I become a successful CPA,  I’m going to give a lot for other and I will not constantly look at myself but look at them.

Now, with the question “Who am I?”, I am a very fortunate person who  enjoys her life, loves the people around and will try her best to do what God wishes. I am a person who will do my best to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment